Saturday, March 12, 2016

Unmasking my flaws


So a few days ago a very special person challenged me to write something that is out of my comfort zone..in the most explicit way possible. That was quite a challenge indeed because I didn't know what to actually write about. But after careful thought, I chose a topic, so here goes..

I'm going to talk about my flaws (yes, think of Kelly Rowland's Dirty Laundry ). Not that I would want you to seek pleasure in knowing them, no, but it's so that I can come face to face with who I am and challenge myself to be  better. And maybe inspire you too.

1. I am short tempered
I can safely admit, my fuse really blows off at unexpected times. I don't think most times I get angry, I just go off. Sometimes I can't take jokes, sometimes I easily conclude. It's not right and it's something I've grown to accept, wrongly.

2. I'm insecure about my looks.
As every other female out there, there's always that one thing we don't  like about our physical self (watch out for my Body Image post later on). I think, why am I too short? or why do I have big eyes or maybe am I pretty enough? It's a constant struggle with accepting myself as I was created.

3. I'm selfish (surprise surprise ) 
Well, I won't lie. I usually want things my way. 

4. Controlling much
I like to micro manage stuff. Yes, go left , not right.


5. A bit rude
Sometimes I just don't have that filter. Too raw, too insensitive.


Phew! It feels so insanely disturbing to share all that. But at the end of the day, it's all about how we all handle our flaws for the people we love. We are human. We make mistakes. But the greatest gift we have is the ability to point it all out and redirect our efforts to improve. God willing.

Until next time, xo.



No comments: