Thursday, February 11, 2016

I'm only a crack...in this Castle of Glass

For those who know me, I'm a die-hard Linkin Park fan. I would usually not be a lover of rock music or metal, but this group comprising six talented individuals - Chester, Mike, Rob, Brad, Joe and Phoenix- really stole my heart. They re-fashioned the definition of art in my understanding! 

What captures me most is the rich lyricism in all of their songs thanks mainly to Mike Shinoda who builds up most of the songs for the band.

If you can just take time to listen to the words of one of their 2012 hit songs below -Castle of Glass- very touching. My personal favorite. It's basically inspired by the lives of US war veterans who sacrifice their lives  by endangering themselves in the Iraq situation... well something like that. It also shows the trauma that their families go through upon learning that their loved ones have succumbed..

This rock band is the only group I can say that I draw some of my inspiration to write..their lyrics are full of life, meaning and depth. That's what we all enjoy right?

I'm going to stop here and let you listen!


It's a cold world out here, a world so fragile. .. our Castle of Glass.






No comments: