Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mother



My child, listen closely
It is said that at the end of the rainbow lies a pot o' gold
You hear, but never be deceived
I have cradled you in my arms
I have loved you
You are my pot of gold

My child, heed my call
My heart pains, it aches
My heart is plagued with a disease so fatal
It will kill my soul
My heart bleeds for you
My heart is crippled by my love for you

I will catch you when you stumble
Have I not taught you your first words?
Have I not held you by the hand,
And led you into the road of bliss
When I look into your eyes
I see my life

My child, it pains me to see you grow
To  know that one day,
 you will be weaned from my breast
I want only the best for you
Because I have a duty toward God
To nurture you into goodness
Yes this is my debt to the Father
For he has blessed me with you

May my smile bring you happiness
May my words bring you comfort
May my prayers help you
When you have fallen from grace
May you never  forget me, dearest child
May you never  forsake me when I grow old
I wish this and more
Because I am your Mother

No comments: