Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Who run the world?

This issue has men taking their defensive side faster than I could say, "Women are the stronger sex". Of course opinions will always remain opinions unless backed with concrete evidence. So until then, allow me to indulge...

Biologically speaking, don't even get a sister started on this! So we define women as emotional creatures...yes we may blow things out of proportion...yes we may fuss about the most trivial things...and yes, don't even think about touching her favorite ice cream in the refrigerator...especially when it is "that time of the month". I love how we all use this expression - "Uh-oh, it seems like it's that time of the month for Sally". I know most men find this amusing but I totally feel like it's one of the worst curses cast upon womankind. The cramps, the raging hormones, the discomfort, EVERYTHING. And it has to be repeated monthly for the rest of our lives! -Well, except menopause, which can be really testing. I don't think our fellow men could ever put up with the torment we go through during our menstrual cycle. I swear if men  went through this, the world wouldn't be a safe place to live in! Seriously, think about it...


Secondly, childbirth. Inasmuch as people describe it as a beautiful process of bringing forth another human to the world, I won't lie , I am dreading that day. Imagine having to withstand excruciating pain for a whole 18 hours (I pray this doesn't happen to me) . Apart from this, it is quite unfortunate that some women  die during childbirth.  Uhm, duhhh C-section! some would say. Yeah but it does leave a scar on that beautiful body won't it? Either way, it is a real test on women. I feel that this shows how women are flexible and can adapt to any given situation. Once again boys, you wouldn't pull through this. This is why we hate you even more when we're trying to push out that damn son of yours, and wonder why he had to take your big head. 


On another sad note, it is alarming to know that in some parts of the world, abuse of women is still a pressing situation. I'm talking about sexual, physical and even emotional abuse. In my life I've had the opportunity to see for myself what it takes to be a strong woman. Single mothers do not exist because of the mistakes they made. Sometimes their partners neglect their duties , and being the cowardly fools they are, they run away. Of course you say raising a child requires input from both sides, but what will you do if you're left to finish the race alone? Mothers will definitely go a long way to cater for their children, even if it means sacrificing your happiness for it. And widows. And oppressed wives. If women can be subjected to such type of pressure, they are definitely are the stronger individuals. 


It's a man's world at the end of the day. Because of this, women have to fight an extra battle to be recognised and appreciated for their capabilities. I believe that, if you know who you are in this world, nothing can stop you from achieving your goals. Women, we run this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome.. Tellem sister. Tz true tho.. Women are so much stronger than me.. The shit we put up w yeah we gotta be strong