Saturday, March 1, 2014

Change

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to have the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". Amen. If you ask me, that quote is sexy. I love the truth and depth in it. It makes me wonder what it is about change that we are afraid of. I feel that as human beings, sometimes we don't know when to embrace change or when to stop forcing change.
Miley Cyrus. Her controversial conversion to being a baddie has caused quite a stir, and believe me, a number of people haven't come to terms with her brand new vibe in a positive way. But when is change good? If the individual in you has become a cause for concern. When you have negative energies flowing around you, it's time to flip the table. It may be troublesome friends, maybe associates at work, your dressing sense (some of my friends do need MAJOR help on this one), the way you carry yourself. If all these and more are pulling you away from your true self, don't be afraid to take matters into your own hands. But then again, there are some situations where you can't do much to change it. It may be that one friend who is reckless but still needs you as a pillar of strength. You can't run away from that sometimes. All you can do is try to bring them to the right course of doing things. They decide for themselves to change or not. But if all efforts have failed, don't let the person or situation bring you down. 

You need to advance.

Stop expecting change where it is far from happening. Open your eyes and be able to distinguish between situations which are flexible enough to allow for change and those which will remain the way they are. And for those which cannot change, smile, accept and move on. I have learnt to live with these type of situations. Of course I hope for the best, but I also have to remember that if I can't change it, forcing matters into my own hands will not help. I'm glad and I won't fool myself.

No comments: